Ready to do your part?
The best way to decarbonize your state is to electrify it. There are two big ways you can do your part.
Get Personal: Electrify your machines!
For most Americans, more than half your carbon footprint comes from how you heat and power your home and from the car you drive. More than cutting out meat or single use plastics, the most impactful thing you can do – by far – is to eliminate your personal burning of fossil fuels:
- Replace your heating system with an electric heat pump, your gas stove with an induction stove, and your water heater with an electric one
- If you drive, your next car must be electric
- Produce your own power with solar panels
40% of US climate pollution comes from decisions made around the kitchen table. We can’t solve climate change if you don’t electrify your home – and nobody can do it but you.
Check out Rewiring America's free guide Electrify Everything in Your Home for steps on how to get started.
Congress just passed a new bill making all of these cheaper!With the passing of the Inflation Reduction Act, there are now new national rebates for electrification of household appliances.
- Up to $7,500 for a new electric vehicle or $4,000 for a used electric vehicle
- Up to $8,000 for a heat pump for heating and cooling
- Up to $4,000 to upgrade your electrical panel (to prepare for an all-electric home)
- Up to $2,500 for new wiring
- Up to $1,750 for a heat pump water heater
- Up to $1,600 for insulation, air sealing, and ventilation
- Up to $840 for an electric stove, oven, or an electric heat pump dryer
Get Political: Electrify the rest!
Discouraged by the inaction at the federal level? We can still win: 50-75% of the policies we need to get to zero are actually state and local. And we’re starting to win them!
By all means, electrify your own machines. To electrify the rest, support the candidates and issue campaigns already fighting to decarbonize your state.
Elect Climate Candidates
You can take meaningful action right now by donating to Climate Cabinet, a political action group that helps climate champions run for local office and pass critical legislation.
Pressure Electeds to Pass Climate Policy
It’s not enough to elect better candidates - we also have to pressure existing electeds to pass key climate policy now. Campaigns to do this already exist in your state – the highest impact thing you can do is join them.
Sign up below and we will share what we know about climate campaigns in your state.